We’re here to help women rebuild their lives.
We support clients in their recovery through:
- Individual assessment and treatment planning;
- Individual and group counselling as well as goal-setting sessions;
- Educational workshops specifically designed for the needs of women;
- Attending a Twelve-Step Program or other self-help program in the community;
- Behaviour modification through knowledge, awareness and personal evaluation.
We encourage clients to develop healthy relationships by acquiring skills in:
- Identifying their feelings;
- Identifying needs and how to meet them in a healthy manner;
- Resolving conflict and improving communication;
- Taking responsibility when needed and letting go of responsibility when it is not appropriate.
We encourage clients to develop a healthy support network in the community by:
- Establishing support through sponsorship affiliated with a Twelve-Step program or other self-help groups;
- Establishing ongoing counselling support through Alberta Health Services and/or other professionals;
- Creating relationships in the community which encourage sober social and recreational activities.
“The staff are amazing, the programming is well-structured and high quality. I always felt like I was treated with dignity and respect. It feels really safe both physically and emotionally in the house.”