To foster recovery from addictions.
To provide a safe treatment environment that empowers women in recovery from addictions through knowledge, awareness, and behavioural change in order that they may choose to live healthy, happy and productive lives.
- Structure and quality programming
- Dignity and respect
- Strength to accept personal responsibility
- Safety and confidentiality
- We believe addictions treatment and recovery should be abstinence-based and provided in a safe environment.
- Women in recovery should be treated with dignity and respect.
- Recovery needs to be approached in a holistic manner.
- Recovery plans are individualized for each client, to address their particular needs and goals; it is a mutual contract between counsellor and client.
- Women collaborate in their own recovery process and need to be empowered to do so.
- Women benefit from the support and the therapeutic programming provided within a residential setting.
- The success of treatment requires continued evaluation from the client’s perspective.
We highly value the MHA’s unique and client centered recovery model that optimizes the number of opportunities for women to be successful in sustaining
We lead, with a reputation of quality life-changing programs and services for substance misuse and sustained emotional and mental health, inclusive of all
women on their journey of recovery from addictions.
We ensure long-term sustainability of MHA by building strong relationships with funders and partnerships within the community.
We provide strong effective governance oversight to ensure the integrity of the business and compliance to Accreditation Canada Standards and applicable
Compassionate residential treatment programming, continually refreshed and implemented, is client-centred, holistic, cost effective and relevant to meet the needs of women in recovery from addiction.
Predictable and sustainable funding achieved through a diverse portfolio of short and long-term funding sources.
McDougall House board members are diverse, engaged and fulfill their fiduciary
responsibilities to steward the business operations in achieving the established strategic goals.